The property comprises a former school, now a workshop, which dates from the early 17th Century. The building has been altered by later additions including a workshop/garage attached to the Southern elevation. The main building is constructed of stone with sandstone quoins and provides a gross net internal area of 132 m² (1420 ft²) with the additional single storey extension and a spacious undeveloped yard.
The building is situated behind the terraced houses on the North side of School Lane and accessed via a wagon entrance between the properties. The rear and the West side lie adjoining a builders merchants’ premises.
Method of Sale
The property is offered for sale as a whole, by private treaty.
Vacant possession will be given on completion.
West Lancashire District Council,
52 Derby Street,
Lancs. L39 2DF
Tel. 01695 577177
The Old Grammar School is a Grade II* listed building and is therefore considered a building of National Importance which is also located in Upholland Conservation Area.
Mains electricity (3 phase), gas and drainage.
The following documents can be found on our website:
- Heritage Assessment – May 2018 – Garry Miller
- Condition and Development Report – Fleming Smith Associates Ltd. – December 2016.
- Letter from West Lancashire Borough Council dated 11th September 2018.
By appointment with the agents.
Frank Marshall & Co. for themselves and for the Sellers of this property give notice that:
- All intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of the statements contained in these particulars.
- The Sellers do not make or give and neither Frank Marshall & Co. or any person in their employment have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty in relation to this property.
This brochure was prepared by the Agents in accordance with the sellers’ instructions. All measurements are approximate.